New customer here. Is there a method for tweaking performance? I have a simple setup using 2 WF-803M adapters. 1 adapter connected to a gigabit Ethernet port on my router, the other end is connected to a gigabit port on a switch. There is 1 moca rated splitter in line, outside in a box. Total coax length is less than 60 feet. No other equipment is connected.
I'm seeing data rates around 200 Mbps. About 1/10th the maximum advertised rate. Is there a way to boost performance or is it auto negotiation only?
With this setup, you should can get higher bandwidth. Could you do the following check?
1, What kind of speed test tool are you using?
2, Could you check the MoCA link rate page with the following steps?
• Select any MoCA adapter in the network.
• Set a fixed IP to your computer, such as 192.168.254.10. You can follow the guide to configure the fixed IP.
• Connect your computer to the LAN port of MoCA adapter via ethernet cable.
• Visit http://192.168.254.254, username is admin, password is gocoax.
• Go to the ‘MoCA Link rates’ page, make a screen capture and send it to us.