I have 3 Asus AIMesh nodes all connected to MA2500D units for wired backhaul. However, one of the nodes keeps getting disconnected and as part of my troubleshooting, I'm trying to determine if I need to give LAN IP addresses to the MoCa devices or leave them with the factory configuration.
No neeed to set fixed IP to MoCA adapters.
Could you check the MoCA link rate from the webpage of MA2500D?
You can following these steps:
• Select any MoCA adapter in the network.
• Set a fixed IP to your computer, such as 192.168.254.10. You can follow the guide to configure the fixed IP. Here are the guidelines for windows or Macbook.
• Connect your computer to the LAN port of MoCA adapter via ethernet cable.
• Visit http://192.168.254.254, username is admin, password is gocoax.
• Go to the ‘MoCA Link rates’ page, make a screen capture and send it to us.
Normally, the link rate should be about 3500Mbps.