I purchased 2x GoCoax MoCA 2.5 Adapters. I'm having problems having the two adapters connect on the network.
The first GoCoax adapter is setup next to my router. This was the first adapter that was connected, and it appears to be working well – the power, MoCA, and LAN lights are all on.
The only changes to the default configuration are as follows:
• Assigned a new IP so that the GoCoax can be connected to my network.
• Changed the administrator password.
• Changed the GoCoAX name to "Den" instead of the default, Master.
The second GoCoAX adapter was setup in a similar way, and it installed in the basement. The problem here is that the MoCA light isn't coming on. It has been installed for over 30 minutes, and I don't think this is a case of the two adapters not having enough time to "find" one another.
I've also tested the coax lines with a tester, and they all passed.
The coax wiring is setup as follows –
Please note: I have Verizon Fios, and my modem is setup in bridge mode so that I can use my own router instead of the Verizon supplied model.
Second note: each of the splitters used are Bi-Directional MoCAs rated for 5-2300MHz.
• The source coax comes from the Verizon box in my basement – this is split with a 2-way splitter:
1. To a bedroom on the 2F (unused)
2. To a 3-way splitter under the basement stairs
• The 3-way splitter is routed as follows:
1. To the (working) GoCoAX adapter, which is then passed through to my Verizon router in bridge mode
2. To the (not working) GoCoAX adapter
3. To another bedroom on the 2F (unused)
Can you please advise on how to resolve this issue?